Boxes are busting out all over the Riverside office, while framing is up at Riverplace Tower. Looks like we’re moving!
Just a few reminders about packing:
- Our first priority is packing items for storage.
- Suddath will pack and move all Macs, PCs, monitors and small printers. You don’t have to pack these items. You will, however, be asked to put your keyboard, mouse and cords in a computer bag that Suddath will supply.
- Suddath will provide plastic bins for materials bound for Riverplace Tower near the end of this month. They’ll also share with us how we should pack and label materials bound for Riverplace Tower.
- Building IT will move our servers and phones.
- Dex will move copiers, including the Fiery.
We’re making headway with purging and packing common areas:
- Lobby graphic is disassembled and packed.
- Upstairs closet and downstairs closet (by Carole’s office) are cleared out.
- Publications library is packed.
- Cabinets in the middle conference room and under the fax machine are packed.
- We’re chipping away at the miscellany in the Harry Potter room.
- Next week, artwork will be packed and stored.
As you know, we’re storing materials at The Museum (and paying a storage fee for the space). We’re reserving a room and marking off areas for each department to make retrieval easy. That’s why taping inventory forms to boxes is important – they indicate where boxes will be stored.
If you’re interested in one of the 12 spaces available in the Riverplace Tower parking garage, let Jeri know by September 25. So far, 13 people have put their name in the hat. We’ll have a lottery for the parking spaces on Sept. 26.
Tours of Riverplace Tower
Plans are in the making for all of us to tour both 10th and 11th floors at Riverplace Tower. Remember, work is being done on both floors, so we have to coordinate with the contractors’ schedules.
Interior Design of 11th floor
This week Tom, Jeff Hite, Jeri and Kaz met with Connie Turner, our interior designer, to look at samples for flooring, ceiling, lighting, and other office accoutrements. Hope to have a design board to share in a couple of weeks.