Only 5 Fridays left to pack and purge everything. Not seeing much in the dumpster, so let’s rectify that today! To fuel your efforts, today’s yummies include pita, veggies and hummus, along with the usual beverages.
Hearty thanks to the individuals who agreed to lead the P-n-P efforts for the common areas. Please lend a hand to these folks as they sort through and pack the areas that we all use.
- Paste up room: Shelley
- Harry Potter room: Jessica/Kendrick/Tom/Jeff H.
- Storage across from kitchen: Joan
- Upstairs closet near Jacquie’s office: Jay
- Third floor: Tom
- Upstairs back wall/cubbies: Jay/Tom
- Jeri : Kitchen, large conf room, closet by back door, supply room
Let’s also thank Jeri for organizing and providing the food and refreshments for our Pack-N-Purge parties.
An inflatable donkey. A “floppy disk” with Half Moon Bay creative assets. A Y2K bug. Just a few of the more unusual items that were recently rediscovered as we prepare to move. What’s the strangest item you’ve found while purging and packing? Send a photo or video of your finds to Joyce or Jeri so we can share post on Shepherd Moves.
8 weeks to sort, pack and toss everything in our possession (mwaahahahaha)!
We are staging a Pack-N-Purge Party each Friday from 3-5:30, for the next 7 weeks, starting this week.
What’s this you ask?
First, everyone will fortify themselves with chips, dip and liquid refreshments (yes, that means beer, cider and soda). Then, we’ll all take some time to sort and pack and toss some stuff in our work spaces. You’ll be surprised how much progress you can make in as little as 15 minutes. Just do what you can each Friday depending on your workload.
Since we all know how to party, let’s talk about Packing and Purging. It’s really quite simple when sorting stuff as follows:
1. Keep: Pack files you’ll likely need for projects and jobs from October – December. We’ll take these to Riverplace Tower. Boxes are in the hallway by the middle conference room.
2. Store: Pack files that are less than 7 years old. We’ll take these to storage.
3. Purge: Toss files that are 7 years or older and anything else that you feel you won’t need or use in the new office. We’ll have a dumpster next to the outside door facing Bishopgate.
One other piece of business
The boxes that you designate for Riverplace Tower will be delivered to your 10th floor workspace (more on that in a future message). To ensure you get everything you pack, use the attached inventory form to list the contents of each box. For now, leave the location # blank on the Riverplace Tower form. Place a copy on the top and sides of each box. Keep a copy of your inventory and give Jeri a copy (she’ll maintain a master inventory list).