Today’s meeting with Suddath and seeing the plan for the 10th floor was a reality check for many of us. Yes, this move is happening!
We’ve been steadily packing, purging and sending boxes to storage for the last several weeks. Today Suddath delivered plastic moving crates; use these crates to pack anything you want to take to Riverplace Tower.
A few reminders from our meeting:
- Parking applications are due to Jeri tomorrow, Oct. 2.
- All boxes for storage must be in the lobby by end of day Thursday, Oct. 3; the last trip to the storage site will be Friday, Oct. 4.
- Everyone has been assigned a workspace number; click on the link below to get the latest floor plan version with workspace numbers.
- Moving labels will be distributed later this week.
- Place a Suddath label with your workspace number on anything you want taken to Riverplace Tower. If it doesn’t have a label, it won’t be moved.
- Attach move labels to the short side of each crate.
- Building IT will pack and package all computer equipment.
- File cabinets currently located upstairs must be emptied for the move. If you want to take the contents to Riverplace Tower, pack them in a crate.
- We are taking our existing office furniture; be sure every piece has a moving label adhered to a hard surface, rather than material.
- Shiffy will inventory all Ikea workstations currently not in use. We’ll repurpose some for folks who currently don’t have a movable or usable desk (i.e., Shiffy, Nancy, etc.)
- Fill out and give your furniture layout to Jeri before you leave on Oct. 11. When we tour the 10th floor next Wednesday, Oct. 9, all work areas will be outlined in tape so you’ll get a clear vision of your workspace views and orientation.